Monthly newsletters will be sent by email and whatsapp to all members. Hard copy of the newsletter by post will NOTbe sent. Do update your email address with the Membership Treasurers. You may contact Madhavi Shah if you have not joined the Indus Notice Board
ADVISORY COMMITTEE 2022 – 2023
This year since the Pandemic is almost over, Indus is planning to do a short trip
(6 -7 days) in September 2022 within India
The options suggested by the President and Travel committee are
· Dharamshala & Kangra Valley
Please do SMS or WhatsApp your preferences by June 15th along with your name to
Annu Toshniwal Dina Desai Indira Kilachand
Our deepest condolences to Pushpa Loyalka on the sad demise of her husband.
Our deepest condolences to Gauri Marwah on the sad demise of her brother.
Heartiest Congratulations to Sabita Chuganee &Dolat Kotwal who were honoured bt the Governor of Maharshtra His Excellency Hon’ble Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari for their excellent Social Service.
Heartiest Congratulations to Deepika Amin who has been honoured with the IHRC award for her contribution to Film & Television.
Birthdays for May & June
Wishing all our members Best Wishes on their special day
“Janmadin kee Shubhkamnaye”
May 2022 June 2022
Vanita Bhandari 3rd Rashmi Mehra 3rd
Lubaina Suares 4th Armaity Sumariwala 3rd
Kavita Singh 6th Mumtaz Kachwala 5th
Nafisa Khorakiwala 6th Pria Khullar 6th
Vijaylakshmi Sukhdevsinhji 6th Nicola Gerber 12th
Esther Malaney 7th Anita Hamlai 16th
Shalini Lunia 9th Deepa Navani 16th
Hemal Udani 10th Chandra Mirchandani 20th
Saroj Prakash 14th Gopi Vaid 21st
Ravit Kedem 15th Pragati Gupta 21st
Sabita Chuganee 16th Padam Chadda 27th
Penny Shrivastav 18th Anjali Mariwala 27th
Soledad Gramajo 19th Leela Agarwal 29th
Ranjana Mahadevia 19th Nisha Mehta 29th
Elinor Mirza 20th Rani Tarneja 30th
Nazneen Dubash 21st
Asha Shankardass 24th
Laxmi Nair 25th
Rashna Doongaji 26th
Manjula Agerwala 29th
Neelu Kapur 30th
Maya Gunjikar 31st
Joy of Giving
Birthdays are a special occasion, make a difference and spread the Joy of Giving.
Celebrate by donating to Indus International and support the cause undertaken of your choice.
Contact: Sheena Kataria or Kaya Shewakramani
Annual Fee and Membership Renewal Form
Please send your renewal fee of Rs.3,500/- before 31st July 2022.
The following are the TWO payment options:
Option 1: Cheque payment - Please send a crossed cheque made payable to Indus International and hand over to the Treasurers:
Nisha Aggarwal or Amisha Himatsingka
Option 2 : Online transfer - Renewal through a payment gateway link .
You can pay with Instamojo, just use this link -
After you click the link in the “Purpose of Payment” write your full name and membership number and complete the online transfer.
Membership Renewal Google Form
Please click on the link below. It will open up the Membership Renewal Google form.
Kindly fill it and press the submit button.
A big thank you to all those who have sent in your fees and the form. The Indus treasurers will be emailing the receipt to all of you. If you have not received the receipt by the end of July and you have paid your fees do get in touch with the treasurers Nisha and Amisha.
WHOM TO CONTACT ON THE BOARD IF…….
· You notice an error in the directory – Membership Treasurers.
· Your newsletter does not arrive – Secretaries.
· You have an idea for a fellowship meeting, the picnic, the Quiz – Vice Presidents.
· You would like to assist with a fellowship meeting, the picnic or the quiz – Vice Presidents.
· You would like to offer your home for a meeting – Vice Presidents.
· You have changed your address, phone number, or email – Membership Treasurers. (email@example.com)
· You wish to change your status – Membership Treasurers.
· You have a foreign friend who wants to become a member – Membership Treasurers.
· You will be unable to attend meetings for an extended period – Membership Treasurers.
· You need a new name badge - Membership Treasurers.
· Your receipt for your renewal has not arrived by the end of July – Treasurers.
· You have an idea for a speaker for a meeting – the relevant Activity Chairladies.
· You need participation during the year - Participation Help Mate: -
Cherry Mehta 98204 09267 – Mon/Wed / Fri (10-11 am or 4-5pm)
Varsha Sethi 9323781942 – Tue/Thurs (10-11 am or 4-5pm)
· Any Senior Member needs any help: -
Jinx Akerkar - 9820579192
Rekha Shah - 9619055905
GENERAL TIPS FOR ALL MEMBERS
· The Indus year begins on 1stApril and ends on 31st March.
· 10 meetings must be attended in a year.
· 7 meetings should be attended before the end of December.
· Please only sign in yourself. If guests allowed then sign in your guest.
· Arrival after 11:15am will not be eligible for attendance.
· Departure before the speaker has finished, or before chairlady closes the meeting will also count as non – attendance.
· For in person meetings, wear your badge at all times. This also applies to chairladies and hostesses as there are a lot of new members who do not know who you are.
· Attendance at the Fellowship does not earn attendance points.
Ways to Earn a Participation Point
· Being a hostess for a meeting.
· Arranging a speaker or demonstration.
· Taking names for a meeting.
· Introducing or thanking a speaker in the absence of the Chairlady.
· Helping a board member with computer work or collection of fees.
· Helping Chairladies at meetings.
· Helping with or hosting one of our many events – Annual Event, Fellowship, AGM, Quiz, Picnic or any special events.
· Acting, dancing, back-stage, speaking, demonstrating, baking cakes for any special events, taking part in Quiz etc.
· Give a Donation to Indus International.
· You need 2 participation during the year.
We are starting a few in person meetings; let’s remember the spirit of Indus is about new friendships!
Indus thrives when our members are active and participate. Please ensure that you complete 10(ten) attendance points and 2 (two) participation points in a year from 1st April to 31st March. 7 (seven) attendances should be completed by December.
Few gentle reminders:
For meetings at member’s homes (in person meetings)
Please wear your badge at the meeting so mingling is easier.
If you can host a meeting at your house, please inform the Vice Presidents or any member of the Board if you are able to offer your house.
Since wearing a mask is no longer mandatory, let’s be responsible, avoid attending if you are unwell.
Only tea and biscuits should be provided by the hostess. Being a hostess should be easy and the focus should be on the speaker!
Please ensure that your cell phones are in silent mode or switched off .(in person & zoom meetings)
Meetings begin at 11.15 a.m. and end at 12.15 p.m. Your attendance will not be counted if you come in after 11.15 a.m. or leave before 12.15 p.m.
Indus should in no case be used as a forum for publicity. It is strictly forbidden to use the directory to build e-mails or phones listings to advertise.
For Zoom Meetings
All members to mention their name on the screen in the following order: Surname, First name, Indus membership number.
Keep your videos on at all times, unless advised by the Chairlady.
Do not UNMUTE yourself for the entire duration of every meeting.
Be presentable while attending a zoom meeting.
Please maintain some decorum even in online meetings.
Some members were seen eating or lying back and some even dozing!
Some were seen attending the meetings in their night clothes.
If you have to do anything other than listen to the speaker, kindly turn your video off.
Zoom meetings begin at 11.15 a.m. and end at 12.15 p.m. Your attendance will not be counted if you come in after 11.15 a.m. or leave before 12.15 p.m.